Academic Quality Improvement Program
Moraine Park maintains accreditation through the 2014-2015 academic year by participating in the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) through the Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association.
- The AQIP Accreditation Cycle: System PortfolioàStrategy ForumàAction ProjectsàQuality Checkup Site Review
- The System Portfolio is submitted every 4 years. The college then receives a System Portfolio Appraisal Report from HLC after the Portfolio is reviewed by a peer committee.
- After the System Portfolio Appraisal Report, the college then plans for a Strategy Forum after consultation with HLC. A college team of 6-8 members attends the Strategy Forum. This team reviews challenges as noted in the System Appraisal and identifies an Action Project to undertake to address the identified challenge. The Strategy Forums are also scheduled every 4 years.
- The AQIP Accreditation Pathway requires a minimum of three Action Projects operating at all times. Action Projects require annual updates, and Moraine Park provides action project updates to HLC in August/September.
- Quality Checkup Site Review visits are scheduled every 8 years. Moraine Park’s next site visit will be in approximately 2022-2023 or 2023-2024 (per the transition from the 7-year to the 8-year cycle). The college receives a Quality Checkup Site Visit report after the peer-review Quality Checkup site visit.
- When the college prepares its Quality Checkup Site Visit documentation and report, it also submit the Federal Compliance documentation regarding credit hours, financial aid compliance, public comment, etc.
- On occasion, the college may be asked by HLC to participate in a Multilocation Site Review. Moraine Park’s first multilocation review of the Beaver Dam and West Bend campuses was included with the October 2013 Quality Checkup Site Review.
- The academic year after the Quality Checkup Site review, the college receives its reaffirmation of accreditation in the event all operations of the college are functioning with satisfactory progress.
Moraine Park's accreditation timeline is as follows:
- June 2013: AQIP Systems Portfolio due
- September 2013: Systems Portfolio feedback received and reviewed
- October 23 -25, 2013: AQIP Quality Check-up Visit
- October 23 -25, 2013: Multi-Location Quality Check-up Visit
- November 2013: AQIP Quality Check-up Visit feedback received
- May 14 -16, 2014: Strategy Forum
- June 17, 2014: Additional Location Site Visit - Jackson Regional Center
- 2014-2015: Reaffirmation of Accreditation