How to Apply for Financial Aid
Financial aid helps make your education affordable. Funding is available in the form of grants, loans, scholarships and work-study programs.
The financial aid process starts with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, also known as "FAFSA".
You will need to:
- Complete the FAFSA application after January 1 for the start of the following school year. Applications are available online at fafsa.ed.gov. You must complete the FAFSA each year.
- Complete the Financial Aid Supplemental form and return it to Moraine Park's Student Services Center.
- Complete the program admissions process (Technical certificates and apprenticeships are not aid-eligible).
Financial aid will not be awarded until the student has been admitted to
an eligible program.
- The priority deadline for fall semester is April 15 and October 15 for spring, but applications will still be accepted after that time. Early applicants will be given first consideration.
- Applicants for financial aid must be enrolled half-time (6 credits) or more to be eligible in most cases.
- Applicants must make satisfactory academic progress for continued aid eligibility. Please review Moraine Park's Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
Financial Aid Eligibility
Please note that not all programs of study at Moraine Park Technical College are eligible for financial aid.
All MPTC Certificates and Apprenticeships ARE NOT eligible for financial aid, including those listed below:
- Nail Technician Certificate
- Phlebotomy Technician Certificate
In general, all Associate Degree and Technical Diplomas are eligible for financial aid, except for those listed below:
- EMT Basic
- EMT Intermediate
- Nursing Assistant
Some programs on campus are offered through other Wisconsin Technical Colleges. This means you may be taking your classes here at Moraine Park but you apply for financial aid through a different technical college. If you are admitted into one of the following programs, you must apply for financial aid at the school listed.
- Court Reporting: Lakeshore Technical College (009194)
- Hotel/Hospitality Management: Lakeshore Technical College (009194)
- Paralegal: Lakeshore Technical College (009194)
- Pharmacy Technician: Lakeshore Technical College (009194)
- Wind Energy Technology: Lakeshore Technical College (009194)
Note: Apply for financial aid early. It generally takes six to eight weeks to review and process financial aid requests. Once everything is completed, you will receive a letter indicating your financial aid package is available to view online at myMPTC. You can accept or decline any portion of this package.
Contact Student Services Center at (920) 924-3207, or send an mail to email@example.com, with any questions.