Sanitation and Safety Classes and Food Manager Certification Test
Sanitation and Safety Classes (Initial Certification)
|31018||Mondays||2/8 & 2/22||5:00 - 10:00 p.m.||Beaver Dam||K-101|
|31020||Mondays||3/14 & 3/28||5:00 - 10:00 p.m.||Fond du Lac||O-102|
|31021||Mondays||4/25 & 5/9||5:00 - 10:00 p.m.||West Bend||T-120|
Food Manager Refresher (Certification that expires after January 1, 2015)
This class is a 2-hour review/2-hour test class designed only for those that are already certified (no new certifications).
|31213||Monday||January 25||1:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Fond du Lac||O-103|
|31019||Monday||March 7||5:30 - 9:30 p.m.||Fond du Lac||O-104|
|31211||Monday||April 18||5:30 - 9:30 p.m.||Beaver Dam||K-101|
|31212||Monday||May 16||5:30 - 9:30 p.m.||West Bend||T-120|
To register, call 1-800-472-4554
Wisconsin Act 292 created in 2013 established new requirements for food manager certification in Wisconsin. Effective January 1, 2015, recertification for food managers no longer applies. Only certification applies.
Certification involves the following effective January 1, 2015:
- Taking and passing a Conference for Food Protection (CFP) approved exam and
- Applying for state certification.
You must apply for Wisconsin certification by submitting all of the following after passing an exam.
- Proof of passing a CFP-approved exam (MPTC offers Serv Safe which is approved) and includes a copy of a written statement or certificate from the testing organization indicating you passed an examination approved for food manager certification.
- A check or money order for $10, payable to the Department of Health Services.
- A completed State of Wisconsin Food Manager Certification application form.
If you took a recertification course before January 1, 2015, your
recertification does not expire on January 1, 2015. You would not have
to take an approved exam until your state certification expires in five
years from the date of your last course.
If your current certification expires after January 1, 2015, you must take the certification exam within six months of your certification expiration date. The expiration date for certification is five years from the date you pass the approved certification exam.
For other course offerings, search our course schedule:
For more information, please call Laura Schelter at 920-924-6408.