Sanitation and Safety
Sanitation and Safety Certification
Wisconsin Act 292 created in 2013 established new requirements for food manager certification in Wisconsin. Effective January 1, 2015, recertification for food managers no longer applies. Only certification applies.
Certification involves the following effective January 1, 2015:
- Taking and passing a Conference for Food Protection (CFP) approved exam and
- Applying for state certification.
You must apply for Wisconsin certification by submitting all of the following after passing an exam.
- Proof of passing a CFP-approved exam which includes a copy of a written statement or certificate from the testing organization indicating you passed an examination approved for food manager certification.
- A check or money order for $10, payable to the Department of Health Services.
- A completed State of Wisconsin Food Manager Certification application form.
If you took a recertification course before January 1, 2015, your
recertification does not expire on January 1, 2015. If you are eligible to
recertify before December 31, 2014, you can do so with the current method if
your current recertification expires within six months. You would not have
to take an approved exam until your state certification expires in five
If your current certification expires within six months of December 31, 2014, you can still take the current recertification course, as long as you take the course before December 31, 2014. If your current certification expires after January 1, 2015, you must take the certification exam within six months of your certification expiration date. The expiration date for certification is five years from the date you pass the approved certification exam.
|30944||Monday||2/9 through 2/23||5:00 - 10:00 p.m.||Beaver Dam||K104|
|30945||Monday||3/23 through 4/6||5:00 - 10:00 p.m.||Fond du Lac||O103|
|30946||Monday||4/27 through 5/11||5:00 - 10:00 p.m.||West Bend||T205|
Sanitation and Safety Recertification
This course prepares learners to renew their Wisconsin Restaurant Food Protection Certificate.
- Provides the opportunity for the student to understand the procedures for food preparation and sanitary work habits.
- Prerequisite: Valid food protection certificate issued by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services.
- Bring photo I.D. and certificate to class.
- This is the last time the recertification course will be offered here at MPTC due to Act 292.
Last Re-certification Class Offered! . . . This is the last re-certification class before the regulations change effective January 1, 2015. If you need to be re-certified and are expiring soon, this will be your last chance. Register today by calling 1-800-472-4554 for CRN 22550!
Food Manager Re-certification
Monday, December 15, 2014 from 5:30 pm - 9:25 pm at FDL Campus - Room O214
Instructor: Tracy Lindgren
For courses offerings, search our course schedule:
- Course # 316-497 Sanitation and Safety Certification
- Course #316-498 Sanitation and Safety Recertification
- To register, call 1-800-472-4554 or 920-924-3207
For more information, please call Laura Schelter at 920-924-6408.