Program Number: 10-106-6
School Year: 2015-2016
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus*: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
In the age of technology, the role of the administrative assistant has broadened not only to include the administrative and office functions needed to run an organization efficiently but also to possess a solid foundation in the technological equipment that supports these functions.
Moraine Park’s Administrative Professional coursework prepares students to provide customer service, produce business communications, manage projects, plan meetings and events, and perform an array of other office responsibilities. Students also develop high-level skills in common software applications such as databases and spreadsheets.
They find employment in industrial/manufacturing, service, educational, insurance, sales, human resources and government settings. Administrative assistants enjoy working with others, have good oral and written communication skills, possess strong organizational skills, and project a professional attitude and image.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Manage administrative projects.
- Model professionalism in the workplace.
- Apply technology skills to business and administrative tasks.
- Demonstrate effective workplace communications.
- Maintain internal and external relationships.
- Perform routine administrative procedures.
- Executive Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Secretary/Secretary
- Office Support Specialist
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|102-110||Introduction to Business||3|
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|106-163||Database and Spreadsheet Essentials||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|106-101||Customer Service Essentials||3|
|106-121||Advanced Document Formatting||1|
|106-164||Business Applications for Microsoft Office||3|
|196-189||Team Building and Problem Solving||3|
|809-196||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|101-184||Principles of Accounting||3|
|106-135||Business Technology and Innovation||3|
|106-181||Document Standards and Expectations||3|
|105-150||Business Practice Firm||3|
|- OR -|
|106-142||Business Meeting and Event Planning||3|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|809-199||Psychology of Human Relations||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||68|
A Capstone Project is the exit assessment graduation requirement for the program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
- Administrative Professional, 2015-2016
- Administrative Professional, 2014-2015
- Administrative Professional, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
Note: Students with prior keyboarding experience must take a keyboarding placement/advanced standing test prior to enrolling in the Document Formatting (106-120) course.
Students with no prior keyboarding experience will enroll in the Keyboarding (106-103) course prior to enrolling in the Document Formatting (106-120) course.
Students can earn both the Administrative Professional and Legal Administrative Professional associate of applied science degrees in only five terms by following the Dual Degree Administrative Professional and Legal Administrative Professional academic planner.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.