Program Number: 10-523-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus*: West Bend
Moraine Park’s Chiropractic Specialist associate of applied science degree is the only program of its kind in the Wisconsin Technical College System. Students develop knowledge and skills in a variety of areas related to chiropractic healthcare, including office management and insurance procedures, patient therapies, nutrition, patient education and taking x-rays. As part of the experience, students rotate through a variety of internship experiences.
Graduates, under the supervision of a chiropractor, perform functions and services that are preparatory or complementary to chiropractic adjustments. Skills learned in the program include patient examination, physiotherapy treatment, chiropractic radiology, patient education and nutrition education, office procedures and management skills.
Additionally, this exciting health care career option is offered at the West Bend campus. Program courses meet typically one day a week and online, giving you the convenience to complete your degree close to home and the ability to continue to work and earn your associate’s degree with some flexibility.
Graduates have the option of becoming nationally certified in radiology by the American Chiropractic Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Administer office procedures.
- Administer therapeutic modalities.
- Assist in patient education.
- Complete radiographic imaging.
- Explain basic chiropractic philosophy.
- Implement marketing.
- Maintain equipment.
- Manage financial accounts.
- Operate equipment.
- Manage patient care documentation.
- Perform basic examination procedures.
- Chiropractic Technician
- Chiropractic Office Manager
- Chiropractic Radiology Technician
Advancement Opportunities With Additional Work Experience or Education
- Massage Therapist/Medical Office Manager
- Insurance Billing Specialist
- Radiology Technician
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
- A Criminal Background Check is required.
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|523-110||Natural Wellness Concepts||2|
|523-140||Chiropractic Office Procedures||3|
|523-151||Chiropractic Radiographic Dynamics||3|
|523-155||Chiropractic Radiographic Positioning||3|
|523-170||Chiropractic Conjunctive Therapy||3|
|523-190||Chiropractic Office Procedures Internship||2|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|- OR -|
|523-120||Fitness for Life||2|
|523-163||Chiropractic Radiographic and Conjunctive Therapy||4|
|523-171||Chiropractic Patient Education||3|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|- OR -|
|- OR -|
|801-141||Introduction to Mass Communications||3|
|- OR -|
|809-172||Introduction to Diversity Studies||3|
|523-145||Chiropractic Office Management Applications||2|
|523-167||Chiropractic Insurance Internship||2|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|809-196||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|- OR -|
|809-199||Psychology of Human Relations||3|
|Required Elective Credits||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||70|
A paper portfolio exit assessment is a graduation requirement for the program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
- Chiropractic Specialist, 2015-2016
- Chiropractic Specialist, 2014-2015
- Chiropractic Specialist, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.