Industrial Wiring Certificate
Program Number: 97-413-2
School Year: 2014-2015
Campus: West Bend
Introduces students with little or no background to the fundamentals of electrical motor control components, circuits and systems found in industrial and manufacturing settings. Topics include electrical control symbols, ladder diagrams, power distribution, control transformers, relays, motor starters, limit switches, pushbuttons, selector switches, timers, ac motor principles, proximity sensors, photo eyes and basic troubleshooting of power and control circuits. The certificate prepares students to design PLC circuits, address inputs (contacts) and outputs (coils), work with PLC numbering system, timers, counters, math functions, analog input/outputs, and PLC wiring.
Courses are directly transferable to Moraine Park’s Electricity technical diploma if students wish to further their education in this field.
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2013-2014 fees; 2014-2015 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Apprentice Industrial Electrician
- Electrical Control Technician
- Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.