Interactive Media Design - Animation
Program Number: 10-206-4
School Year: 2015-2016
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Campus: West Bend
Interactive Media Design program students develop knowledge and skills to design and manipulate graphics, animations, sound, text and video into multimedia presentations used in developing products or creating advanced business presentations. Program graduates will be capable of creating animated and live videos, virtual worlds and commercials, applications used in mobile devices and touch screen kiosks, digital signage and other Web-based media.
This program is ideal for individuals seeking entry-level careers as interactive multimedia designers and animators or for those who are already working as Web developers, graphic designers and artists who are seeking to update and expand their skills. The program includes alternative courses. The Animation emphasis, for those having strong artistic talent, involves conceiving and designing two- and three-dimensional images and manipulating characters to interact with audio and video elements while the Motion Graphics emphasis includes courses that focus on animated graphics.
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- *Fees shown are 2014-2015 fees; 2015-2016 fees will be available as soon as they are approved.
- Apply the principles of design and storytelling to develop media products and services.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of media software, tools and technology.
- Implement creative solutions from concept through completion.
- Communicate creative rationale in formal and informal settings.
- Implement project management skills to meet customer and market demands.
- Apply effective and ethical business practices.
- Digital Artist
- Digital Media Designer
- Interactive Media Designer
- Motion Graphic Artist
- Video Production Assistant
- Multimedia Production Assistant
- Freelance Digital Media Producer
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|152-106||Web Site Design||3|
|204-102||Digital Illustration and Design||2|
|206-104||Interactive Design and Authoring||3|
|206-106||Introduction to the Interactive Media Industry||1|
|207-122||Basic Drawing for Animation||3|
|152-107||Graphics for the Web||2|
|207-126||Introduction to 3-D Animation||2|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|206-114||Flash Animation Application||3|
|207-128||3-D Animation 2||3|
|801-196||Oral and Interpersonal Communication||3|
|809-166||Introduction to Ethics: Theory and Application||3|
|809-198||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|206-118||Designing for Mobile Applications||3|
|207-132||Virtual Worlds and Game Applications||3|
|207-136||Advanced Image Manipulation (2D)||3|
|- OR -|
|207-138||Introduction to Maya (3D)||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||71|
Successful completion of a capstone project is the exit assessment graduation requirement for this program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
- Interactive Media Design - Animation, 2015-2016
- Interactive Media Design - Animation, 2014-2015
- Interactive Media Design - Animation, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
Students must own or purchase an approved laptop and software.