Medical Billing Specialist Certificate
Program Number: 97-106-6
School Year: 2015-2016
Campus: Fond du Lac
The highly specialized professional trend in the medical office is emerging as a result of the changes in the healthcare delivery system and the continuous growth of managed care. This certificate prepares the student to perform the functions of the extremely complex billing processes in a healthcare organization.
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Medical Billing Specialist or Medical Insurance Specialist in healthcare organizations and insurance companies.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|501-107||Introduction to Healthcare Computing||2|
|509-102||Human Body in Health and Disease||3|
|509-107||Medical Office Insurance and Finance||2|
|106-151||Specialized Insurance Claims||3|
|106-152||Electronic Patient Billing||3|
|509-101||Medical Assistant Administrative Procedures||2|
|509-109||Medical Law, Ethics and Professionalism||2|
Additional Program Requirements
Students will need to complete Basic Math Proficiency.
- Medical Billing Specialist Certificate, 2015-2016
- Medical Billing Specialist Certificate, 2014-2015
- Medical Billing Specialist Certificate, 2013-2014
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.