Program Number: 30-543-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Campus*: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
The Nursing Assistant program provides classroom theory, laboratory experience and clinical learning that teaches students the skills to perform duties such as taking vital signs, bathing, dressing, making beds, and other direct resident care. Community agencies are used for clinical learning and include long-term care settings.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Communicate and interact effectively with clients, family and co-workers.
- Maintain and protect client rights.
- Report information and record observations.
- Incorporate into practice the ethical and legal responsibilities of the NA/HHA.
- Carry out the basic nursing skills required of the NA/HHA.
- Assist with client rehabilitation and restorative care promoting independence.
- Provide for resident personal care and hygiene.
- Assist clients with long-term, disabling conditions including dementia.
- Meet requirements for Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry NA/HHA.
- Care for clients under licensed supervision.
- Nursing Assistant
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
*Enrollment may limit the campus availability or delivery of certain courses.
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
Health Requirements need to be met and a Criminal Background Check is required.
Mandatory-prior to class read "Course Information."
Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry: To be eligible for inclusion on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry, students also complete written/oral and skill performance competency examinations after completing the course. This permits graduates to be employed in state and federally approved skilled long-term care and home healthcare facilities. For more information about the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry competency examination, contact the American Red Cross at 866-257-5424, Pearson VUE at 877-329-8760 or www.pearsonvue.com
High school courses helpful in preparing for this program include English, science and math.
For co-curricular activities and opportunities related to this program/certificate, click here.