Program Number: 31-106-1
School Year: 2015-2016
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
Moraine Park’s Office Assistant program is designed to provide individuals with the skills to perform fundamental office functions in a variety of business settings. The coursework trains students to use advanced word processing skills, produce business documents, maintain and retrieve files/records, perform basic accounting functions, create spreadsheets and databases, and provide customer service.
Most of the courses from this program can be directly transferred into Moraine Park’s Administrative Professional and Legal Administrative Professional associate of applied science degrees should students choose to continue their education.
Note: Individuals with keyboarding experience may elect to obtain advanced standing credit for the Keyboarding course (106-103) by successfully meeting the requirements through a timed test provided at the College.
Statewide Median Salary for Recent Graduates
- $125.85 per credit (resident)
- $188.80 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- $128.40 per credit (resident)
- $192.60 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- Demonstrate effective workplace communications.
- Apply technology skills to business and administrative tasks.
- Maintain internal and external relationships.
- Perform routine administrative procedures.
- Office Assistant
- General Office Clerk
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Attend a program orientation with your advisor.
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
The information below is provided as a federal requirement in an effort to help students make informed educational decisions. Specifically, Gainful Employment aims to provide information related to future potential debt burden in comparison to the expected earnings in a chosen program or field.
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|106-101||Customer Service Essentials||3|
|106-163||Database and Spreadsheet Essentials||3|
|106-181||Document Standards and Expectations||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|101-184||Principles of Accounting||3|
|106-121||Advanced Document Formatting||1|
|106-135||Business Technology and Innovation||3|
|106-164||Business Applications for Microsoft Office||3|
|196-189||Team Building and Problem Solving||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||32|
Completion of 106-164 Business Applications for Microsoft Office and 106-182 Document Management are the exit assessment graduation requirements for the program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
Additional Program Requirements
Students will need to complete Basic Math Proficiency.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.