Program Number: 31-106-1
School Year: 2013-2014
Technical Diploma (1 year)
Campus: Beaver Dam, Fond du Lac, West Bend
Moraine Park’s Office Assistant program is designed to provide individuals with the skills to perform fundamental office functions in a variety of business settings. The coursework trains students to use advanced word processing skills, produce business documents, maintain and retrieve files/records, perform basic accounting functions, create spreadsheets and databases, and provide customer service.
Most of the courses from this program can be directly transferred into Moraine Park’s Administrative Professional and Legal Administrative Professional associate of applied science degrees should students choose to continue their education.
Note: Individuals with keyboarding experience may elect to obtain advanced standing credit for the Keyboarding course (106-103) by successfully meeting the requirements through a timed test provided at the College.
Statewide Salary Range for Recent Graduates
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
- Demonstrate effective workplace communications.
- Apply technology skills to business and administrative tasks.
- Maintain internal and external relationships.
- Perform routine administrative procedures.
- Office Assistant
- General Office Clerk
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Submit high school and other official college transcripts.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with Admissions to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (strongly encouraged).
- Check with Admissions if any additional steps are required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|102-101||Customer Service Essentials||3|
|103-159||**Computer Literacy - Microsoft Office||1|
|106-163||Database and Spreadsheet Essentials||3|
|106-181||Document Standards and Expectations||3|
|801-136||English Composition 1||3|
|101-184||Principles of Accounting||3|
|102-135||Business Technology and Innovation||3|
|106-121||Advanced Document Processing||1|
|106-164||Business Applications for Microsoft Office||3|
|196-189||Team Building and Problem Solving||3|
|Total Program Credits and Institutional Requirements||32|
Completion of 106-164 Business Applications for MS Office and 106-182 Document Management is the exit assessment for this program.
** The credits for 103-159 Computer Literacy-Microsoft Office and 890-101 College 101 are Institutional Requirements for graduation. Consequently, they are not part of the program credit requirements.
Additional Program Requirements
Students will need to complete Basic Math Proficiency.
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
If associate of applied science degree General Education course 801-195 option is chosen, higher assessment test scores will be required. Please contact an Admissions Specialist for assistance.