Phlebotomy Technician Certificate
Program Number: 97-513-1
School Year: 2013-2014
Campus: Fond du Lac
This three-course certificate prepares individuals to collect blood specimens via venipuncture and capillary puncture procedures for the purposes of laboratory analysis.
The courses are taken in sequence over two semesters. The first course, Phlebotomy Essentials, provides the student with theory, safety techniques and regulations, infection control, and procedural applications and training. The second course, Basic Lab Skills, is taken concurrently and explores health career options and the fundemental principles and procedures performed in the clinical laboratory. You will utilize medical terminology and basic laboratory equipment. The third course, Phlebotomy Clinical, places students at clinical sites. Travel is required for clinical sites, and clinical times may vary.
Upon completion of the certification, students may take the national certification examination offered by the Board of Certification.
- $122.20 per credit (resident)
- $183.30 per credit (out-of-state resident)
- *Online students are not charged out-of-state fees.
Applications are not currently being accepted to this program due to large wait lists and capacity limitations. Please check our Application Deadlines for periodic updates on the next application opportunity.
- Submit the college admission application.
- Submit the $30 one-time fee.
- Take the college assessment test (ACCUPLACER, ACT or other). The ACCUPLACER assessment can be taken at MPTC.
- Meet with Admissions to discuss order of courses and prerequisites (required for this program).
- Health Requirements need to be met and a Criminal Background Check is required.
Please visit the Admissions page for general information.
|513-110||Basic Lab Skills||1|
Check out the Credit Transfers page for more information.
The Final Steps
When you are in the last semester of coursework, complete the graduation candidacy form and submit it with the $30 fee to the Registration Office.
Note: Students who enroll in this certificate must complete the series of three hepatitis B immunizations and be 18 years of age or older in order to begin the Phlebotomy program.